Is Paparazzi Jewelry a Scam? Is It Promising or Just a Waste of Time and Money?
Is Paparazzi Jewelry a scam? Is it promising or just a waste of time and money?
Let’s find that out in my in-depth Paparazzi Jewelry review, your not so typical MLM in the jewelry niche.
Today I’ll cover:
- How this business works
- Things I like
- Things I don’t like
- Whether or not I recommend it
- Lots more
Without further ado, let’s get started.
Paparazzi Jewelry Review (Summary)
- Name: Paparazzi Jewelry
- Founder: Trent & Misty Kirber; Ryan Reeve, Chani Reeve
- Website URL: https://paparazziaccessories.com
- Product: Jewelry and Accessories
- Price: $5
- Overall Rating: 25/100
- Recommended: No!
Paparazzi Jewelry is not a scam since it offers to sell jewelry products. And while it’s not a pyramid scheme, it is a multi-level-marketing (MLM) company and is engaged in recruitment of people for selling.
I wouldn’t recommend it as a means to build your income, that is, if you want to earn regular and sustainable earnings.
And believe me, this MLM company is not worth quitting your other regular job. For a better business model (that worked for me and might work for you too) click the button below.
MLM vs Pyramiding vs Affiliate Marketing
Before I proceed with my thorough review, let me first give you a quick overview of what Multi-Level Marketing (MLM), Pyramiding and Affiliate Marketing are.
Multi-Level Marketing – In MLM setting, the company makes money by recruiting people to sell their products.
Pyramid Scheme – In pyramiding, normally, there is no product being offered. The company collects and earns money through the membership fee of the recruits. The fees collected will be divided among the upper lines for recruiting their members.
Affiliate Marketing – In affiliate marketing, one will make commission by promoting other company’s products. There is no limit here. You may promote any kind of product in the market as long as you are a recognized affiliate partner of the company.
What is Paparazzi Jewelry (Accessories)
Paparazzi Jewelry, also known as Paparazzi Accessories, is a company that sells custom $5 pieces of jewelry through its consultants.
The company started in 2013 and grew up 900% in just six months.
And this is a quick overview of how Paparazzi Jewelry do their business:
- On their website, you choose a sponsor/consultant to assist you in your purchase.
- You purchase a kit.
- Sell the item inclusions in the kit to recover your investment and earn a profit.
- Recruit people to join Paparazzi Jewelry. The more you recruit people under your line, the more earnings you are supposed to get through commissions from the sales of your under level associates.
As is usual with MLM companies, this one also encourages consultants to hold house parties to sell their products.
Selling can also be done through a website or by word-of-mouth. The main goal always is to recruit people to buy and sell Paparazzi products.
(Update: I see people people landing on my review by searching Paparazzi founders net worth; I wasn’t able to find this information, but for what it’s worth, don’t confuse this Ryan Reeve with the wrestler Ryan Reeves net worth.)
Paparazzi Jewelry Product Line
Paparazzi Accessories include the following in their product line:
(Just to name a few.)
These products are distributed into 3 kits:
- $99 Preview Pack
Inclusion: 35 pcs of jewelry with a retail value of $175
- $299 Small Home Party Kit
Inclusion:120 pcs of jewelry with a retail value of $600
- $499 Large Home Party Kit
Inclusion: 200 pcs of jewelry with a retail value of $ 1,000
Now, let’s talk about the compensation plan if you were to be a recruiter for the Paparazzi Jewelry multi-level marketing business.
Below is the video where Malaika explains the Paparazzi Accessories compensation plan:
1) They offer a 45% commission on the sale.
Basically, there is no difference when you are buying another product at a wholesale cost and selling it on manufacturers’ suggested retail price.
2) The Paparazzi Jewelry is giving a computation of 50% to 100% net profit for buying and selling their starter kits, depending on the package that you are going to purchase.
3) However, there is no assurance that you will be able to dispose of all the jewelry in a specific period of time to get your money back and to attain your target net income. You may dispose of all, but considering the volume, how long?
Time is relevant too in determining if this kind of marketing style can provide you monthly financial sustainability.
4) It is said that for each jewelry, you will earn $2.50 per piece.
How many pieces of jewelry at a minimum net should you sell each month to at least earn an income that will provide you a decent living? Is it feasible and worth quitting your other job and spending your entire time on promoting and selling this company’s jewelry products?
5) Further, how sustainable is it when you have to depend also on the effort of your downline to contribute to your earning? What if your downline will not exert much effort in selling the product? Moreover, you cannot offer the same line of product to the same market every month all throughout the year.
6) Huge commission and hefty cash benefits await if you step on the higher level of their program.
However, as discussed earlier, you have to maintain a regular 250 PV equivalent to roughly 125 sales per month (Personal Volume) and 1,000,000 – 1,500,000 or roughly 500,000 – 750,000 sales per month for (Organizational Volume) which is difficult to achieve and maintain.
Now tell me…
Is Paparazzi Jewelry really worth it?
What You Might Like About It
What are the pros and cons of Joining Paparazzi Jewelry?
Well, here they are the things you might like about it…
1) There is a wide range of custom jewelry products you can choose from their website. The designs are made depending on what is the current trend and style.
2) The price is attractive at $5. Though not all are of the said price, almost 90% of their display got that $5 tag price. With this cost it is easy to market the product and beat out the competitors.
3) You will be getting a commission from selling the product as well as from recruiting people. You will be earning 5-10% commissions from the sales of your direct recruit and a 2-3% commission from the sales of the people under your direct recruit.
4) You will be earning big cash bonuses if you make it on the top level as a Paparazzi Jewelry consultant.
5) Successful party hosting for the product may potentially bring hefty earnings.
What You Might NOT Like About It
1) Success is volume-based.
You need to sell a large quantity of the product to earn big.
There are a lot of online stores around that offer trending pieces of jewelry. The price of the other company sites may be higher than the price being offered by Paparazzi Jewelry, yet you will be earning a big percentage of commissions.
The higher the cost of the product, so goes the figure of your commission. This is in contrast to the $5 jewelry product offered by the Paparazzi Jewelry. It will entail you much effort and time to hit the goal.
2) Great amount of your active hours required to meet the goal.
How many hours in a day should you be spending marketing the product? Is spending most of your time outside your home, away from your family, worth the commission from a $5/pc worth of jewelry? The low price has, in fact, a great impact on the distributor who based their earning on sales commissions.
3) Next to impossible to make a good income with Paparazzi Jewelry MLM.
If you step higher in rank as a consultant or associate, there is a potential to earn large commissions and huge cash bonuses. Here is the catch though, you have to maintain a regular roughly 125 sales per month (Personal Volume) and roughly 500,000 – 750,000 sales per month for (Organizational Volume) requirement.
I am telling you, this is possibly achievable yet it won’t be that easy to fulfill the required figures. To regularly maintain the sales requirement each month will be nearly impossible considering the stiff competition in the market nowadays due to the presence of online selling.
4) Ruining personal relationships.
Hosting a party is good for an individual who is fond of personally meeting and running elbows with other people. If you and your prospect are less of an extrovert and are not into associations with a lot of people, chances are you will annoy these people or they will be annoyed by you.
And that’s a big problem with MLMs and why I hate MLMs. I personally have no desire to bother my relatives and friends. It’s known that a lot of friendships and relationships were ruined because of this business model.
Some of this type will rather opt to check physical stores or other online websites than to attend hosting parties and this loses your chances to market and earn from your product.
5) Limited choice.
Though there are a variety of choices in the Jewelry Paparazzi website, still your offer is limited to their brand. This is contrary to affiliate marketing, where there is a wide range of jewelry brands, styles, and designs you can choose to sell and promote without having to actually bother people in your life.
==> Here’s how I make 4 figures with Amazon affiliate marketing website.
Is Paparazzi Jewelry a Scam? My Opinion
Let’s face it:
Paparazzi Jewelry is not engaged in a pyramiding scheme since they offer legitimate jewelry products.
However, it is still a multi-level marketing business because it does involve recruitment of people as consultants. The statistics show that MLM or networking do not end up being successful.
(Some of them, like Digital Altitude and MOBE scams, being cracked down by the FTC.)
Many failed to get their investments back which is clearly a loss of money.
If I were to choose between MLM and Affiliate Marketing, I will always prefer the latter because it does not involve the hassle of convincing people for recruitment.
You can focus more creating quality content and help people with their problem while making money in the process.
Another consideration is the monetary investment aspect.
In multi-level marketing, it requires a start-up capital to buy the product and a membership fee.
In affiliate marketing, there is no need to shell out an amount for the product you are going to sell, all you need is to apply and be approved as an affiliate partner and this will cost you no fee. And then send your traffic (people) to the vendor. Basically you’re the middleman.
Paparazzi Jewelry failed to provide an income disclosure statement which is a must for the company to publish. The income disclosure statement gives an idea of the probability rate of whether our investment will succeed or fail.
The failure of the company to post their income disclosure statement is a red flag.
It may be purposely hidden so that the truth that we may not be earning a sustainable regular income from their business will be kept.
This is to avoid discouraging the prospects to invest.
What I Recommend Instead
Without a doubt…
I recommend affiliate marketing in selling jewelry products instead of a multi-level marketing style like that of Paparazzi Jewelry.
There are a lot of affiliate partners for this product line wherein you can earn a big profit without wasting much of your time recruiting people, selling products, and continuously shelling out money as investment.
Affiliate marketing is a free way of advertising peoples’ product and you will be earning commissions from their sales out of your advertisement.
You will be earning your commission online when a customer makes a purchase by clicking the product page with a tracking code provided to you by your affiliate partner that is linked to your account.
I recommend you start your affiliate marketing journey with Wealthy Affiliate.
(That’s how I started myself and how I managed to bring my income to 4 figures in 1-year time, without inventory whatsoever.)
Paparazzi Accessories MLM: Your Thoughts?
I’d like to hear from YOU:
- Have you had any experience with MLMs?
- Do you think if Paparazzi Jewelry is a scam or legit?
- Have you ever heard of the affiliate marketing business model?
Let us know in the comments!